Jobs at SimBio: Biology Author/Academic Sales Consultant
Help create the next generation of teaching tools for college biology students! SimBiotic Software is a leading developer of inquiry-driven, simulation-based biology education software. We are looking for a biologist with a strong interest in education to design and author new material and to help promote this material to prospective users (college instructors). This individual will work with a team to produce new modules in the fields of genetics, ecology, and cell biology, including development for exciting new technologies that will potentially change how biology is taught. This is a great position for a Ph.D. interested in education and writing, who seeks an alternative to the professor track but desires continued connection with academia.
The job will be based in the Boston area and may involve some travel. Start date will be summer,2008.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in biology, preferably genetics or ecology.
- Teaching experience in North American college or university.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing materials used in college biology classes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and to conduct sales calls and online demonstrations.
Strong candidates will be:
- Self-motivated, highly-organized, and hard-working
- Excited about demonstrating their work to instructors
- Comfortable with technical aspects of computers
Compensation and Hours:
- Competitive compensation, depending on experience and skills
- Additional benefits include flexible work schedule, health and retirement benefits, generous vacation time
- Full-time position with fixed salary plus performance bonuses
- Work with a great company that has a large impact on U.S. biology teaching, and a smart, fun group of people. Your work will make a difference.
Please direct questions and/or email resumes to email@example.com.