- Don't just tell your students about climate change...
The Climate Change chapter explores how and why scientists evaluate changes in global temperatures. It is divided into four sections of text and graphics, similar to a printed textbook or e-text.
- ...let them interact with the science
Using sophisticated but intuitive simulations, students investigate climate models, learn how to apply linear regression to find trends, and explore how species may respond to changing temperatures.
- ...test their own understanding
Over 60 instant-feedback questions interspersed throughout the chapter let students test their understanding of key points and concepts, and help redirect their thinking when necessary.
- ...and come to class ready for a science-based discussion of the issues.
Students show up to class having actively engaged with their assigned reading. Your Instructor Portal makes it easy to quickly check over their submitted answers and adjust your lectures accordingly.
- Section 1: Our Changing Climate Global Temperatures Detection Summary
- Section 2: Climatology, Briefly Feedback in Climate System Complexities of Current Models Climate Models Summary
- Section 3: Humans and Climate Change Solar + CO2 Future Climate Change Attribution Summary
- Section 4: Linking Climate Change and Ecology Evolution and Climate Change Chapter Review
What is SimUText?
In our SimUText System, students learn from interactive chapters that integrate text with simulated experiments, lots of feedback, and easy to use tools for you to monitor and help your students. Learn more here.
Preview Climate Change Now
We've created special guest access to the SimUText System for instructors to evaluate the Climate Change chapter. Try it right now, no hassles!