SimBio is a leading developer of innovative educational software used worldwide in college biology courses. We are 100% employee-owned with a work culture that reflects our shared ownership. We have begun re-engineering our popular products for a web-based environment and are seeking a QA/Accessibility Analyst to join our software development team. This position will involve: (1) developing a test plan for our applications; (2) collaborating with systems engineers to integrate the test plan with scheduled and automated processes; and (3) devising and implementing a process for evaluating compliance with web content accessibility guidelines.
SimBio is based in Missoula, Montana. Because collaboration and teamwork are a significant part of SimBio’s culture, all employees (“SimBiots”) are encouraged to work in our Missoula office. However, remote work from locations with easy access to Missoula is an option for this position.
Start date: ASAP
Education and Experience (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or at least 3 years equivalent experience.
- Experience conducting cross-browser QA and accessibility testing in both manual and automated testing for web applications. Experience with Chromebooks preferred.
- Experience writing test plans, test case/scripts, and traceability matrices.
- Experience using accessibility testing tools such as aXe, WAVE, Accessible Name & Description Inspector (ANDI).
- Experience evaluating web content against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines is required. Preferred: WCAG 2.1 A/AA.
- Experience with assistive technology tools, such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver.
Preferred Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in web markup and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of correct use and limitations of WAI-ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) in web application development.
- Ability to efficiently describe accessibility issues to non-subject matter expert engineers.
Strong candidates will be:
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and dedicated to excellence.
- Productive without frequent direction but comfortable seeking input when tasks or requirements are unclear.
- Great team members, able to communicate and work constructively and efficiently with colleagues.
Compensation and Hours:
- Full-time, salaried position.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- Position includes health insurance and retirement benefits, generous vacation time, and potential for advancement.
- Participation in SimBio’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- You will be part of a great company making a positive impact on STEM education. Your work will make a difference!
All applications must be submitted through the following resume management service: http://simbio.submittable.com/submit . Please be prepared to upload a current resume and a cover letter with links to work examples. Please direct any inquiries about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.